What is 5G innovation? We hear about it all the time but 5G has yet to inspire innovation outside of the technology itself. After all, autonomous vehicles are nowhere near mainstream nor is robotic surgery. What are the practical areas that government and private enterprises prioritize and focus on first to bring the benefits of 5G to the public and consumers?
- Where are we today with 5G? It’s here, but are we ready? – We discuss the state of today’s roll out of 5G networks around the globe and the level of maturity and readiness in delivering the promises of the next-generation mobile network.
- What are the areas of 5G innovation that matter today? – Paul shares the many testbeds and innovation initiatives occurring across the United Kingdom to explore the benefits that 5G can bring to industries and public domain for smart cities and smart government.
- How do we prioritize public and private investments in 5G? – Paul shares some of the key lessons that have been learned from the various public and private testbeds. What has worked and where do we have a bit more work to do? We discuss the general priorities that can accelerate 5G value.
- What are the bright spots for 5G innovation in the near term? – While the hype around 5G is fast waning as we learn more about the state of deployment and the maturity of commercialized technology, there are bright spots to be discussed. Paul shares some success stories that should illuminate our hopes for 5G benefit in the near future and beyond.
For more insights on neXt Curve’s 5G technology and end market research themes contact us for a detailed briefing with one of our analysts. Follow our site to get updates and notifications of our research and our 2020 research agenda.
Related Content & Media
- Tech Insight: 5G Edge Computing
- The 5G Autonomous Edge: The Next Frontier of Digital Business Innovation
- Industry Insight: Who Will Win 5G Gold?
- COVID-19 Pandemic: the Crucible of 5G Innovation and Leadership
Managing Director, neXt Curve
Co-Founder, UK 5G
October 6, 2020
This material may not be copied, reproduced, or modified in whole or in part for any purpose except with express written permission or license from an authorized representative of neXt Curve. In addition to such written permission or license to copy, reproduce, or modify this document in whole or part, an acknowledgement of the authors of the document and all applicable portions of the copyright notice must be clearly referenced.
© 2020 neXt Curve. All rights reserved.