5G is here,.. but what does that mean. Apparently, it means a lot of things due to the myths and the hype that have characterized the next-generation mobile wireless technology and its early rollout by operators beginning in early 2019. Given the deafening media and marketing noise that has drowned out the 5G signal, it is difficult to figure out what is real and what is, quite simply, fake. What are the facts that debunk the myths and hype so that we can get to the value of 5G?
neXt Curve is joined by Joe Hoffman, research director at SAR Insights & Consulting to explore facts and the fictions behind some of the key myths and hype themes that obscure the present and future of 5G:
- 5G is here so now what? When do we get to enjoy the promise? – We discuss the significance of 5G and what it means for it to be “here”. What is the current state of 5G? What does it mean for the average Joe and Jane?
- Does 5G cause brain cancer? – As 5G networks rollout across the world, rumors that the newest mobile wireless technology causes cancer have surfaced once again. Joe and Leonard outline the facts about the physics of mmWave spectrum, the nuances of the new 5G radio and user equipment (UE) device designs that skeptics should factor agains their suspicions of 5G’s impact on our health and well-being.
- Will burning 5G cell sites slow the spread of COVID-19? – During these pandemic times, the roll out of 5G with its dense small cell deployments have been met with vandalism by those who believe that the next-generation mobile wireless network abets the spreading of the novel coronavirus. We explore the basis of this myth and counter with an argument that 5G can actually slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Will 5G revolutionize industries? If so, which ones? – 5G is about industries. It is expected to revolutionize industries. Joe and Leonard discuss the realities that operators and industry end users face in harnessing the promise of 5G and realizing industry revolution.
For more insights on neXt Curve’s 5G technology and end market research themes contact us for a detailed briefing with one of our analysts. Follow our site to get updates and notifications of our research and our 2020 research agenda.
Related Content & Media
- 5G: The Carrier-Grade Digital Infrastructure for the Software-Defined Factory of the Future
- 5G: The Opportunity for the Emerging Markets to Drive Innovation
- Industry Insight: Qualcomm Ushers in the Year of Standalone 5G NR and 5nm with Snapdragon X60
- COVID-19 Pandemic: the Crucible of 5G Innovation and Leadership
- Industry Insight: The Fight for 5G Superiority will be Fought in the Cloud
- The Democratization of 5G Everything
Managing Director, neXt Curve
Director, SAR Insights & Consulting
July 31, 2020
This material may not be copied, reproduced, or modified in whole or in part for any purpose except with express written permission or license from an authorized representative of neXt Curve. In addition to such written permission or license to copy, reproduce, or modify this document in whole or part, an acknowledgement of the authors of the document and all applicable portions of the copyright notice must be clearly referenced.
© 2020 neXt Curve. All rights reserved.