Leonard Lee, Managing Director and Founding Member
“If you want to be a successful consultant, you need to either be functional or technical. I suggest that you pick an Oracle module and specialize in it.”
My first consulting mentor, one day in August of 1997.
That’s exactly what I didn’t do. For the past 23 years I have crafted a multi-domain, multi-industry career in consulting that has given me the opportunity to use my creativity, intellect, knowledge and management competencies in:
- Leading the successful carve out and post-transaction integration planning and management of a 16 billion USD acquisition for a leading global pharmaceutical company,
- Devising a revolutionary back office and online ad contract management solution for one of the first internet search companies,
- Spearheading the design of a global digital strategy and transformation roadmap for a leading European electronics company,
- Designing a continuous delivery framework and operating/organizational principles for the web operations group of the largest U.S. bank a year before Google developed site reliability engineering, and six year before Andrew Shafer and Patrick Debois coined the term “DevOps,”
- Conceiving and publishing the concept of “Bi-Modal Business” one month before Gartner published its first research note on the topic,
- Advising some of the leading Fortune Global on their digital innovation strategies, and helping them envision opportunities in the future of their industry transformed by digital technology.
I started neXt Curve because I have a passion for consulting, getting my hands dirty, applying analytical and creative rigor in addressing the most important aspirations and challenges of the most forward-thinking executives and businesses. I want to build a consulting firm whose primary assets are the deep, diverse experience of its people and our collective ability to inspire winning strategies and deliver clarifying insights for our clients at the intersect of business, technology, industry and markets.
Why is this important? In the age of big data, advanced analytics, and artificial intelligence, only experience and our artistry separate us from the machines and the strategies that will help our client’s create exceptional value for society and win in the digital economy.
I look forward to helping you play where the puck is going to be.
Leonard is a managing director and the founding member of neXt Curve. With over 23 years as a management consultant, Mr. Lee is a former managing partner with Gartner Inc. and associate partner with IBM and PwC who has advised and delivered emerging technology and business solutions to leading companies across a broad range of industries including entertainment & media, telecommunications, financial services, energy, pharmaceutical, and consumer and commercial high-tech. Leonard has extensive experience helping Global 500 companies drive business innovation and value through digital technology, and has helped top technology vendors with their go-to-market strategy for their digital products and services. His specialties include IT & business strategy and governance, digital business innovation, market strategy & analytics, business transformation & change management, program management, enterprise architecture and M&A/divestitures. Leonard is also an influencer on LinkedIn with over 150,000 followers and a network of over 7,000 Global 500 executives.
Mr. Lee earned a B.A. degree from The University of California, San Diego and a MBA from Yonsei University. Mr. Lee is a certified project manager (PMP) and an IBM certified architect and consultant.