Today, you can’t talk about security without mentioning zero trust. What is it and why is it such a prevalent principle and practice that dominates cybersecurity speak whether you are talking about an enterprise network, the emerging edge cloud or the 5G network? John Kindervag, creator of Zero Trust, joins neXt Curve to recalibrate our understanding of his brainchild and to discuss why it has become an important part of our cybersecurity vernacular.
- Resetting our understanding of Zero Trust – what is it? – John shares the origin story of Zero Trust and the out-of-the-box thinking that led him to view security in a very different way. He also breaks down the common misconceptions of Zero Trust that have colored product marketing in the tech world.
- What are the criteria for applying Zero Trust to your network?– John lays down the approach for applying Zero Trust principles in your network. He also goes over the key mindset shift that an enterprise needs to make to properly adopt and support Zero Trust.
- How do you implement Zero Trust and maintain it? – We discuss the 5-phase approach that John developed during his time at Forrester that help organizations systematically build Zero Trust into their network and computing environments.
- What are the key capabilities needed for Zero Trust? – John shares his thoughts on the tools and organizational capabilities that make implementing Zero Trust easier and scalable.
For more insights on neXt Curve’s Holistic Security & Trust themes contact us for a detailed briefing with one of our analysts. Follow our site to get updates and notifications of our research and our 2021 research agenda.
Related Content & Media
- Contextually-Aware Mobile Security as a Service: The Key to IoT Security and GDPR Compliance & Readiness with Blockchain
- Industry Insight: A Crisis in Trust & Privacy
- Industry Insight: Holistic Security is Key to Meet the Digital Security Threats of Today & Tomorrow
- Industry Insight: The Marriott Hack: A Call to Action for Holistic Security and Due Diligence for Mergers and Acquisitions
Managing Director, neXt Curve
April 14, 2021
This material may not be copied, reproduced, or modified in whole or in part for any purpose except with express written permission or license from an authorized representative of neXt Curve. In addition to such written permission or license to copy, reproduce, or modify this document in whole or part, an acknowledgement of the authors of the document and all applicable portions of the copyright notice must be clearly referenced.
© 2021 neXt Curve. All rights reserved.
If you would like our research articles and blog posts emailed to you, please subscribe with your email address below.