The Digital Twin is considered by some the next big thing since network slicing. Rob Tiffany, renowned IoT pioneer established the non-profit Moab Foundation to bring the bigness of digital twins to do good in the world. The charter of the foundation aims to bring the benefits and enablement of IoT to bear in furthering the UN’s 17 SDG (Sustainable Development Goals).
- Introducing the Moab Foundation and charter overview – We discuss the backstory behind the founding of the Moab Foundation with Enterprise IoT and the inspiration that led Rob to open source his digital twin platform for the good of humanity.
- What is a digital twin and why does it matter? – We discuss the important role that digital twins play as binding point between the digital and physical for an IoT applications. We also discuss the importance of platforms and standards in making the digital twin easier to design, implement and integrate across a rapidly-growing spans of IoT.
- Rob Tiffany’s vision for enabling UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with IoT and Digital Twins – We discuss the nuances and challenges of applying IoT solution concepts to furthering the UN SDGs. We also discuss how an open source digital twin framework and platform can provide developers around the globe with the head start they need to get IoT working for achieving sustainability for the benefit of humanity and our planet.
- How can you get engaged, get involved and benefit from open source IoT frameworks for Digital Twins – Rob provides a walkthrough of the Moab platform and suggests ways that developers can get involved with the Moab Foundation and build upon its open IoT framework.
For more insights on neXt Curve’s 5G technology and IoT end market research themes contact us for a detailed briefing with one of our analysts. Follow our site to get updates and notifications of our research and our 2020 research agenda.
Related Content & Media
- Want to Get Value Out of IoT? Stop Talking About IoT
- Industrial IoT: Shaping The Future of IoT – Part 1
- Industrial IoT: Shaping The Future of IoT – Part 2
- Industrial IoT: Shaping The Future of IoT – Part 3
Managing Director, neXt Curve
September 11, 2020
This material may not be copied, reproduced, or modified in whole or in part for any purpose except with express written permission or license from an authorized representative of neXt Curve. In addition to such written permission or license to copy, reproduce, or modify this document in whole or part, an acknowledgement of the authors of the document and all applicable portions of the copyright notice must be clearly referenced.
© 2020 neXt Curve. All rights reserved.